The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Optimum Construction Ltd are committed to working within the GDPR (2018) guidelines and our privacy notice and data protection policies are available below.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Information we hold about our customers
We collect and process various categories of personal information from you at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to meet our legal obligations and to enable us to arrange to products or policies that you have requested.
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to provide advice or to arrange products and services to you.
- Basic personal information: name and address and contact details
We do not obtain personal data from any source other than from you.
How we use your information
We will only use and share your information where it is necessary for us to carry out our lawful business activities. We may process your information where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract. Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide products and services to you.
The way we use your data is described below.
- Assess and process applications for products or services.
- Develop, manage and maintain our relationships with you and for ongoing customer service.
- Investigate and resolve complaints or breaches of conduct by our employees.
- We may process your information in the day to day running of our business, to manage our business and financial affairs and to protect our customers, employees and property. It is in our interests to ensure that our processes and systems operate effectively and that we can continue operating as a business.
- Monitor, maintain and improve internal business processes, information and data, technology and communications solutions and services.
- Perform general, financial and regulatory accounting and reporting
- Enable a sale, reorganisation, transfer or other transaction relating to our business
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, please contact us.
Further information or requests to invoke rights should be made in writing/email.
Your rights are summarised below.
- You have a right to get access to the personal information we hold about you.
- You have a right to rectification of inaccurate personal information and to update incomplete personal information.
- You have a right to request that we delete your personal information.
- You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You have a right to data portability.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent.
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- You have a right to object to direct marketing.
How we keep your information
- By acting as an intermediary to provide you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records, activity records, and lending and credit account records. Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
- We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who act on our behalf.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; www.creamside.co.uk and Pembrokeshire Windows this.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
v.2.0 June 2018 Edited & customised by:
Optimum Construction, 6 Aggisters Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 4DN